Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you hook TV to PC?

• Please log in to reply

zestron

zestron

• PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I have a XFX 7600GT XXX Edition video card and I want to make so my PC shows on my TV rether than my PC moniter. It came with this plug.
Posted Image
And I thought I could use these things to hook it to my computer.
Posted Image
I don't know what to do after hooking those together if that is even right.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just try it, you might have to force TV detection on a TV with no S-video or DVI. I wouldnt use the TV as a monitor for extended periods if its not new enough to have a direct PC input then its not going to make a great monitor.

zestron

zestron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
I tryed with just two prongs and nothing happend. I just want to try to see it if works or watch videos on it.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
plug the s-video plug into the back of your card and all you have to do then is plug in the yellow plug because thats the only one that will display video you may have to by a cable that is a "male to male" to get it to plug into the TV

as warriorscott said you may have to force TV detection through your cards driver settings and being that you have NVidea i cant help you cause im running ATi so you may have to do some looking around with your settings

troppo