Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

" Transferring address book and word doc. files using a thumb dri

• Please log in to reply

rgarr

rgarr

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I've got a nice little cruzer mini 1.0 GB put out by Scandisk that I've used before to transfer files onto it...just for storage... and it works fine.

However, this weekend my sister-in-law wants me to transfer her address book and a few word doc. files from her old PC (Gateway) to her new PC (Dell). All the stuff she wants me to transfer is way less than 1 GB.

I know how to extract the info from her old PC but once I plug the thumb drive into her USB slot on her new Dell I don't know how to get the old address book into her new address book and her 2 or 3 word doc. into her word program if there is such a way??? This is my question and where I need help! I appreciate and thank you for all your help in advance. Thank you!
:whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
for the word documents...they're just files..you don't need to worry about "getting them into her word program" as all she has to do is double click the files and they will open

for the address book...what mail program is this?

rgarr

rgarr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

for the word documents...they're just files..you don't need to worry about "getting them into her word program" as all she has to do is double click the files and they will open

for the address book...what mail program is this?

Actually, I quess she could just drag and drop the word doc. files into a folder she creates?

Incredimail Program!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Actually, I quess she could just drag and drop the word doc. files into a folder she creates?

yup

do y ou know how to export the contacts from incredimail (i don't use it so i can't really give you steps)...because if you do...the process should be able to be done in reverse..i'll try to research that

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.incredima...p;referrer_id=1
there...there's the export and import instructions...so basically you follow the export steps to export the contacts to a csv...save that file to your usb drive...then plug the drive into the new computer and follow the import steps...then point the import at that csv file on the usb drive..and you're good to go

rgarr

rgarr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

yup

do y ou know how to export the contacts from incredimail (i don't use it so i can't really give you steps)...because if you do...the process should be able to be done in reverse..i'll try to research that

No, I'm afraid I don't know how to export the contacts from Incredimail my friend!

rgarr

rgarr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

http://www.incredima...p;referrer_id=1
there...there's the export and import instructions...so basically you follow the export steps to export the contacts to a csv...save that file to your usb drive...then plug the drive into the new computer and follow the import steps...then point the import at that csv file on the usb drive..and you're good to go

Thanks my friend...I got it! Appreciate the help!