cd or md create a directory/make a directory [md is a DOS COMMANDS] ... ie. just make a folder on the c:\ drive to cache the files in...I never delete files. I usually, also, save files to a burned CD, so that over the length of days, weeks, months, years...I accumualte quite a pile of them
Just open Explorer and make or create a new folder on the c:\ drive...
I'm still a bit confused with what you are after. Process Explorer will identify whatever process is running...you then copy the file onto paper, and seek out its location. If you want to kill it, then you will have to 1] hand delete, 2] find a file killer program, or 3] an uninstaller ...I suggest SmartyUninstaller, if you do not trust yourself to use Registry First Aid, or the regeditor in Windows. "Fix-it" is also good...there's a bunch of them out there...experiment with a few.
"Permanantly disable" denotes to me that you want to uninstall the program in which the file is to be found...use Windows Add/Remove program, or one of the various commercial uninstallers. There are lots of them out there with varying degrees of ability and functions...download and use only those with time limits to them, and need only a key if you want to keep it...but with full functionality. When the time trial end-date kicks in, remove every vestage of the prog entirely from your system and all traces from the registry...reboot and then move to the next step. Download a new verison,and reinstall it, update, and then use it for another span of time. Often you only need programs for a one off attack on a problem, so there is no reason to spend good cash for something that you may only use once or twice...and have it hanging around taking up resoureces and space.
P.S. Norton has its own uninstall programs at: http://www.symantec....emovaltools.jsp
Norton also provides a removal tool [reg entries] for specific purposes...SymNRT.exe fount at [ http://www.versiontr...einfo/win/58280
Programs that SymNRT can remove:
* SymNRT removes these--and only these--Norton programs:
* Norton AntiVirus 2004/2005/2006
* Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004
* Norton AntiVirus 3, 5 and 10 User Pack 2004/2005/2006
* Norton GoBack 3.1/3.5/3.6/4.0/4.1
* Norton SystemWorks 2004 Professional Edition
* Norton SystemWorks 2005/2006 Premier
* Norton SystemWorks 2004/2005/2006
* Norton SystemWorks 2006 Basic Edition
* Norton Password Manager 2004
* Norton Internet Security 2004/2005/2006
* Norton Internet Security 5 and 10 User Pack 2004/2005/2006
* Norton Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition 8.2
* Norton Personal Firewall 2004/2005/2006
* Norton AntiSpam 2004/2005
* Norton Ghost 2003/9.0/10.0
Edited by b1caez01, 17 August 2006 - 10:44 AM.