Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible trojan or virus?

• Please log in to reply

jjjonesee

jjjonesee

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hello.
I have an e machine running win xp sp2. I go through comcast for the internet and am using McAffee. Yesterday I started getting pop up adverts for anti-spyware/maleware/virus, they appear to be from different companies, either way I do not recall any of the names. Also on the bottom right of my screen there now is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point icon in the toolbar.
So the first thing I did was to update McAffee and then did a full system scan. Nothing was found.
Anything would be helpful at this point.

Thank-You for your time.

-jeff

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
all i can say is this the wrong forum for you

click start here at the top of the page lots of good help there

jjjonesee

jjjonesee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok fine
please disregaurd and delete this entire post

-jeff

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
after your cleared of malware and your system is clean your come back put a post if you still have any problems the wait is long with the malware forum but its worth every minute of it