Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Page fault in nonpaged area(BLUE SCREEN)

• Please log in to reply

JaroslavMex

JaroslavMex

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey guys, I got this problem, like for a week and I',m sort of worried because I can not get to fix it, eventhough I've done several attempts whether for starting it in SAFE MODE, it does not work, the same message appears whenever I choose the way of booting (safe mode, and so)...

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installatoin, ask your hardware or software manufactuerer for any windows updates you might need.

If the problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced statup options, and then select safe mode.

Technecial Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE394DC00, 0x00000000, 0x83CDB940, 0x00000001)

Maybe it helps to say that my computer is a COMPAQ PRESARIO, don't know the model

IMPORTANT NOTE: I can not get to enter to any of the functions of my computer (windows) not even in Safe Mode, it only shows that message! Please help dudes, I'm kind of desperate!!!

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://search.netsca.....3Fid%3D817197

you could check out if you want

do you have your xp cd so you can do repairs with it

or you can try to disable your hyper thread in your bios

Edited by rushin1nd, 17 August 2006 - 02:22 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi JaroslavMex...

Do you have any external devices connected to the machine? If so, what are they?

wannabe1

JaroslavMex

JaroslavMex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Guys the blus screen now gives me a new STOP 0x00000050 serie of numbers!!!

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installatoin, ask your hardware or software manufactuerer for any windows updates you might need.

If the problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced statup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 ([b]0xc1040000 , 0x00000000 , 0x8043E0F8 , 0x00000000)

Does that matter??

I have any external devices attached but the printer that now is unplugged.

I can not get to boot the computer in any mode yet, not even in safe mode, so any modification inside windows is useless, i don't have the Windows XP disc but I can get it if you tell me what to do.

As a personal favor please if you can tell me step by step what to do it would be great, because I know almost anything about BIOS stuff and so, so please tell me step by step!!

THANK A LOT!!!

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
getting the xp cd would definitely be good and a bonus

i never gone this far myself but heres a way to get to bios

BIOS setup screen on windows XP?
I've been told it usually comes about by
pressing/holding the "delete" key while windows is loading