Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DLL Remover

• Please log in to reply

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
I had a nice wee tool that installed into the shell of my right mouse button. After deleting a program, there is often a dll or two hanging around that won't budge. When you try to kill it, you get the error message that it is in use .

I stumbled upon a nice little piece of software, that after it is installed, it embeds a command in the mouse that when the dll is clicked upon, you get the offending sticky software and then can deal with it, before deleting the dll. It was very useful.

LOST IT...

Anyone got any suggestions as to where I can find another copy to download, or can you send me one.

edit: e-mail address removed...you might get more correspondence than you expect when you post your addy in an open forum.

...Al

Edited by wannabe1, 17 August 2006 - 08:33 PM.

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi b1caez01, try unlocker, you can find it at

majorgeeks.com/download4660.html

and MoveOnBoot, snapfiles.com/get/moveonboot.html

hope that what your looking for.

Edited by 4238dwight, 17 August 2006 - 06:30 PM.

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Good suggestions, but they don't ring a bell. Installed them anyway just in case. Will have to await the next problem to see if they work. I see both are "shelled" but neither appears as the same as the other one I had.

regards, Al

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Thanks Al for letting me know, Dwight