Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hidden Window: Application Error/ Windows Explorer needs to shut down

• Please log in to reply

crybaby

crybaby

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I have recently been recieving the following message during various times of pc usage. Mostly during the time when the pc is shutting down, but not always, a window pops up stating the following:
HIDDEN WINDOW: ypager.exe Application Error
The instruction at "0x60017994" referenced memory at "0xffccd7e6"
The memory could not be "read"
Click OK to terminate the program
Click Cancel to debug the program

I've tried both options with no results. Could this also be causing other programs to run slowly or not respond? This is another problem I am having but, am unsure if the two are connected. The main problems are with Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer either being slow, encountering errors and shutting down, or to stop responding all together. Any help you might be able to offer on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Do you have ewido anti-spyware

if you do run it in safe mode

you should look at the top of the page and where it says click here well just click it your infected with spyware and malware wouldnt doubt it that you have sidesurfkick anyway your in the wrong forum
put a posting in the malware forum and be patient you could wait a few days