Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cleaning up files?

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
when i go to my start menu,go to search & not enter anything to be searched for I find tons of files either I thought I recycled or files I havent used in days.Is there any freeware that will locate these files or just clean my computer period?I already have ccCleaner but it seems like it's missing a lot of files.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
actually I would recomend Cleanup! by steven gould.

http://www.stevengou...ftware/cleanup/

the first time its run, it will be in demo mode. that way you can see what it is doing.

GrayGhost

GrayGhost

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
as a German with German XP I will have some problems to give advice, but I'll try.. rightclick the volume and select properties. You'll find a Button with something like "clean up". Try this. It will give you the opportunity to clean the temporary internet files and ti empty the bin. Anyway, the hint with the Clean up tool is better. I am using the application "Purgatio". It is not free, but working fine for me.