Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound is Backwards

• Please log in to reply

IneD

IneD

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Okay ive been having this problem since i made my computer, but at first i had headphones that could go both ways so i just switched them, now i got new headphones and they only fit one way..... my problem is that what i am supposed to hear on my left is happening on the right and what i am supposed to hear on my right i am hearing on the left.... the sound is backwards or opposite or something.... does anyone know how i can fix this annoying problem!?!?! Thanks

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I doubt it's hardware related. Probably a setting in your sound device software.

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i know its deff not software related cause thats been happening to all of the headphones that ive had, ill check out my sound device software :whistling:

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
You could try 100 different headphones and have the same result buddy... If everything coming out of the jack is always the same. Probably you have a setting like "inverse stereo channels" or something like that selected, then left would go to right. Turn that off and you should have em right again.

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Where can i find that setting Vaillant??

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Not sure... You'll have to search in the various sound settings you have... Control panel/sounds and audio devices is the best place to start.

IneD

IneD

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Im searching but im not finding anything....