Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp cd-rw HELP!

• Please log in to reply

guitarjedi

guitarjedi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need some help.A friend gave me an HP 8230e external cd-rw,Ihave the software disc,but not the driver floppy.I had it working for a couple of days by downloading a driver from driverguide.com,but i had to reformat my computer and now nothing i try will make windows recognize any drivers,etc. that i try.I also downloaded the unoffical 98se update from majorgeeks and that does not help either.Can anyone help me make this cd-rw work before i throw it out the window??? Thank you, sg <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like a driver problem. You can't find the driver you installed the first time?

Windows 98 has flaky USB support, and wasn't designed with CD/RW's in mind, so the correct driver is critical.