Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Service Control Manager win2003 And This Issue

• Please log in to reply

zillah

zillah

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I have got win2003 server Enterprise Edition SP1, when I started the laptop, I have to wait till the winOS is loaded completely, and I have to wait the below message :
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5673/servicecontrolmanagerhh2.jpg

Posted Image

Some times (more than once) the above message did not pop up, and I have to restart the PC again, and some times I have to wait 15 minutes for the message to come up and some times it does not.

Now if the message does not come up , I can do nothing with the PC (i.e. I can not open file, browse Internet Explorer or any other program)

What Should I do to overcome this issue.

Thanks

Advertisements

zillah

zillah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
http://img317.images...nyveiwerkx4.jpg

Posted Image

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Looks like your Dell Latitude needs a driver that is not included with Server 2003. Have you checked Dell's website for 2003 drivers for your system? You can boot into safe mode to install them if found.

zillah

zillah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Looks like your Dell Latitude needs a driver that is not included with Server 2003.

Thanks admin, but the problem happened recently, I have got no problem since 1 year, if the problem with the driver , I should have been experiencing this since one year back

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Update any drivers recently? Video, sound, system board?