Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the day the music died

• Please log in to reply

mrglenn2u

mrglenn2u

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I went into itunes on my dell to listen to some music and it was no longer there. the only "tunes" there were three tracks i had recently downloaded - a relatively dry spoken word cd. not exactly the thing to motivate me to do my chores.

previously i had spent hours copying my cd collection onto my hard drive.

i looked at where itunes has been saving those files and they all seem to be there. but somehow itunes forgot how to access them. i don't want to go into each file and import each song individually back into itunes.

what should i do?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
if the songs are on your hard disk now, select them all at once, and drag them into the itunes window. This will add them all back into your library at once. Also, perhaps you have more than one music library on itunes, and you are looking in the wrong one?

bobletman

bobletman

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
try searching for them. start> search > (then type in the name of the folder or a song and see if it is there.)