Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connected to access point, but not to internet

• Please log in to reply

bluerabbit10

bluerabbit10

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My IBM think pad is receiving 50% signal from Dell Inspiron/Linksys wireless up stairs. ...saying it is connected to the access point; but not to the internet. When I try IExplorer and or Mozilla browsers no page comes up...yet I am on line per above.
Help please

Advertisements

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
first check all the wires connected to the linksys box from the internet modem make sure they are plugged in the correct places and all the light are lit up as they are supposed to be. :whistling: Then check your ip address make sure it obtained goto network connections and right click on the wireless internet connection goto status, click details and make sure there is a valid ip address.