Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where can get spare parts?

• Please log in to reply

apritske

apritske

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi, I have kind of a strange question.

My girlfriend had a Vaio that she thought was busted. I opened it up today and it turend out that the only thing that was busted was the internal wireless card dock, that and a couple of missing keys on the keyboard panel.

I'm wondering if you guys know of any way to get SONY stock parts, specifically a new wireless dock and a new keyboard panel for a Vaio, model #PCG-623L.

I'm not holding my breath, but it would be cool if I could replace those two parts for her mom who wants the laptop.

-Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Sony will probably be able to either sell you or tell you where you can go to get the parts.

apritske

apritske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Meh, I'm not gonna bother - on second look, the wireless dock was mounted into the motherboard, so there's no point in trying to get a new one unless I get a whole new motherboard

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah thats the thing about vaios, if it works without the wireless dock you could just get a USB or PCMCIA wireless card(if its a laptop were talking about). Keyboards might be easier to get you might be able to pick up a compatible generic one.

apritske

apritske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Atually it's the PCMCIA dock that's busted, so I think I'll go for the usb adapter.

Its a shame, cuz it's a perfectly good computer. When she took it to Bestbuy when it first broke they took one look at it and told her to just buy a new laptop; they didn't even open it up! Rediculous