Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
ok I ran the sfc /scannow and after about half an hour waiting it closed but there was no messages. (was that meant to happen?)

Oh and rushin1nd I'm a SHE not a HE! :blink: :help: :whistling:

Advertisements

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
ok I tried repairing windows with the recovery disc and reinstalling fireworks but it still came up with the message "Could not launch fireworks - an internal error occurred" HEEEEELLLLP!!!!! :whistling: :blink:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://search.netsca.....nternals.com/

http://search.netsca...eted_files.html

http://search.netsca.....Fk%3Dreformat

ok sorry about mistaken gender

try one of those to get your deleted file back

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's see if we can find a user data file...sometimes that will cause an installation to fail. Open "My Computer" and double click on "Local Disk C:", then on "Documents and Settings", then on "All Users".

Click on "Tools" on the toolbar and chosse "Folder Options". In the Folder Options window, click on the "Views" tab. Tick the button next to "Show hidden files and folders" and "Apply the change. Close the Folder Options window.

Now you should see a folder named "Application Data". Double click in that folder and see if there is a folder in there named "Fireworks". If there is, right click on it and choose "Rename"...rename this folder fireworksold and "Apply" the change with a left click outside the folder.

If you have more than one account on the machine, there should be folders for each user in the Documents and Settings folder...look for and rename the Fireworks folder if it is found in the "Application Data" folder for each account.

Reboot and try the install again.

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Ok I done that and now fireworks isn't even attempting to open! :whistling:

And Rushin1nd when I clicked on those links it came up:

Not Found
The file you requested does not exist on this server.
Please try reloading. If that doesn't work, please go to our homepage.
:blink: :help:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...go back into the folders and change the name back to what it was. Let me look around a bit and see what I can discover about this program and getting it to install.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://search.netsca.....nternals.com/

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
ok thanks for your help so far :whistling:

trying out recovery wizard just now fingers crossed :blink:

Edited by Kazmcm, 22 August 2006 - 05:26 PM.

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Just finished recovery wizard and there's 182,646 files found!! :whistling:
What do I do next? Do I recover all the lost files then delete the ones I don't need?
HELP! I'm even more confused now! lol :blink:

Thanks in advance

Kaz

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
look for for your lost file

Advertisements

Kazmcm

Kazmcm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
when I try to save anything it says:

You are about to restore files to the same partition it was erased from, which is not recommended

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
so you cant find your deleted file that way i never used a program to recover files

if you feel your going to comprise your system then dont unless you know what file that was deleted then you can restore that particular file

hold off for awhile and see if someone can find another way

you should check on updates thats probably why other programs wont work the updates are gone with the program that was deleted updates appliy to programs as well so when one programs get deleted or removed so does the update and updates are supporting not only one but other programs as well so check microsoft updates and see if you need any more

Edited by rushin1nd, 23 August 2006 - 11:47 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Restore the file to another drive such as a floppy or flash drive...