Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modem works fine but still can't conect

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
have you tried contacting your isp (Internet Service Provider) because if your cell phone works

how about your phone line is that ok the one you use for computer dial out

did you check your network connections properties right where it says dial-up rght click go to properties

what type of modem your using

check your protocol see if its set for automactically you find that on network properties

Advertisements

xp_even

xp_even

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
The phone line appears to be ok as i am able to access the net using my laptop.I am using 'Ace 56K Internal Data Fax Voice Modem'.
All other setting in network properties seem to be configured correctly.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
so every things ok you have no problems now
thanks for letting us know

edward

Edited by rushin1nd, 28 August 2006 - 12:34 AM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
update your modem periodocally

life is easier with updates

Upgrade

Upgrade

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
He could always connect with the laptop that was in his first post.

Its the PC he cannot connect with.

Since you have uninstalled the drives, and removed/replaced the modem. You can try opening the new hardware wizard from the control panel. You should find it right next to the Add or Remove Programs applate in the Control Panel.

If it is unable to detect the modem at all the modem might be damaged (which might have happened when you removed it).

If it still does not connect after you reinstall it try to query the modem. You can also do this from the Control Panel.

1. Open the Control Panel and double click the Modems icon. If necessary, click the Modems tab.
2. Your modem should be listed. If the modem is listed as a Standard Modem, you may need to consult your modem documentation or computer manufacturer to install proper drivers for the modem.
3. Highlight your modem and click the Properties button.
4. Click the Diagnostics tab.
5. Click the Query Modem button.
6. If the modem is functioning properly, you should now see commands and responses in the box.

xp_even

xp_even

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Nothing's working.Guess I'll have to replace the modem.Even changing the PCI slot did not help.Any way guys thanks for your time and advice.