Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with display on games!

• Please log in to reply

dranom

dranom

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey guys! i have this green line on my display and i dont know how to get rid of it! when i play quake4, c&c, doom3 it shows it even moves when the screen is loading but when i play sims2 theres no line. so if you guys have or had this problem and fixed it pls post it. tnx!

my system:
amd fx 55
(2)512 corair twin x
500gb WD
(2)xfx 7600gt xxx
abit kn8 sli
audigy 2 zs platinum
sony dvd burner, lite on W/ lightscribe
antec true power 550w

http://www.myfilehut.....reen line.bmp

Edited by dranom, 20 August 2006 - 06:43 PM.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi, it sounds like you may need to update your video card drivers. YOu can do this by going to your card manufacturer's website.

dranom

dranom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi, it sounds like you may need to update your video card drivers. YOu can do this by going to your card manufacturer's website.

upgraded a couple of times but same stuff. almost all are beta drivers.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Can you get a hold of a stable version?

dranom

dranom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
had any luck with drivers!
heres the driver i downloaded
91.45-doesnt work
91.37-has greenline on the left side
91.31-same
84.25-same
84.43-has this installed

i ran 3dmark03 i got a 23350

ran 3dmark05 and 06 this is what i got

Attached File  untitled.bmp   405.83KB   267 downloads

Edited by dranom, 29 August 2006 - 01:11 AM.

zichi

zichi

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This could be to do with the SLI graphics card i see u have 2 x 7600gt it could be to do with one of the graphics cards are not correctly installed and when u play games that support and use the 2 graphics cards its gliching and when you play The sims this game does't really require the latest graphic cards and hardware to play and is not using the SLI technology... I may be completly wrong but i am just speaking from what i have heard from a couple of guys that i play on LAN with who had problems using SLI dual GFX cards.

Only solution i can think of is opening up your computer and cheaking the cards are correctly connected...
sorry im not much of a GFX card nerd :<

dranom

dranom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

This could be to do with the SLI graphics card i see u have 2 x 7600gt it could be to do with one of the graphics cards are not correctly installed and when u play games that support and use the 2 graphics cards its gliching and when you play The sims this game does't really require the latest graphic cards and hardware to play and is not using the SLI technology... I may be completly wrong but i am just speaking from what i have heard from a couple of guys that i play on LAN with who had problems using SLI dual GFX cards.

Only solution i can think of is opening up your computer and cheaking the cards are correctly connected...
sorry im not much of a GFX card nerd :<

tnx for the suggestion!

but the green line started way back when i had only one card. im on the same page as you bro dont know much about configuring this kinda of stuff. im learning as i go. im planning to put a xtra set of ram to make my ram 2gb.

what do you mean about "the card correctly connected" is there any other speacial way to put on the video card??? :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try pulling the card that had the green line before and only using the newer one. Also as a bit of advise dont upgrade a system till you have it working properly and stable thats just flogging a dead horse.

Do you have any extra power connectors hooked up and the sli brodge in place is you need ome.

Make sure mobo drivers and bios is upto date.

dranom

dranom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Try pulling the card that had the green line before and only using the newer one. Also as a bit of advise dont upgrade a system till you have it working properly and stable thats just flogging a dead horse.

Do you have any extra power connectors hooked up and the sli brodge in place is you need ome.

Make sure mobo drivers and bios is upto date.

ey bro! how do you update the bios of the mobo??? i dont wanna do this with out help coz i might messed it up.