Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mozilla Firefox problem

• Please log in to reply

Scottz04

Scottz04

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello. I am new here and I have a foxfire Mozilla browser problem.
Everytime I go to Youtube or if I stream Video on websites using this browser, it freezes or I get a "shockwave has made a illegal operation" and it says it on almost everypage I have gone to!!!! Then the browser itself crashes. then I am stuck using IE (which I can't stand for a multitude of reasons) I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java and mozilla foxfire and everything I can think of. Don't know what to do..so I need some ones help that had this problem or knows what is causing it. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

cuparboy

cuparboy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I had a similar problem which I discovered had been caused by a Firefox update. I uninstalled Shockwave and reinstalled it and this sorted it out. Then at the next update the same thing happened and then I just uninstalled Shockwave, rolled back and reinstalled WMP 10 and all is now OK.

Scottz04

Scottz04

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried many, many things. I been net searching however they are there are no answers to this problem.Reinstalling firefox,flash and Shockwave.... NOTHING WORKS! However I did try something last night......I scanned my computer with ewido micro for Malware,Spyware and stuff and It found some adware and UJ Downloader agents,that got rid of them but I just have one question what causes the PC to get stuff like that? Anyways, my Mozilla seems to work a little better, it plays a few videos before giving me that error again. So what should I try next?

Edited by Scottz04, 22 August 2006 - 03:43 PM.

cuparboy

cuparboy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Sorry, mate. I've gone as far as my knowledge takes me.

Just uninstall Shockwave and WMP and start again with the WMP. Chances are you won't need the shockwave - or so it seems to me, but I am no expert.

Scottz04

Scottz04

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey man, ANY help is better than none at all. I will try again what you said and HOPE it works and if not I will try other methods. Thanks

buster blader

buster blader

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
so basically there is no answer to this problem, and here i am hoping to find one

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
What version of Firefox?

In the address bar, type about:plugins and find where it says something like:

Shockwave Flash

File name: npswf32.dll
Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16

Copy and paste what yours says.

buster blader

buster blader

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
all of them i just recently upgraded to friefox 2.0 and am still having the same problem

trid2bnrml

trid2bnrml

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
May I suggest reinstalling some updated extensions? Something similar happened to me when I test-drove a beta (unstable) version of FF. Seems a couple of extensions, one I added, and another that automatically updated itself were not compatible.

sounds like you got a compatibility problem somewhere.

buster blader

buster blader

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
actually i fixed the problem, it was caused by a trojan called downloader .zlob- it also has many names,its been working fine sionce then

trid2bnrml

trid2bnrml

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Right on! I've never had a virus that affected Firefox (except for spyware) I'll have to investigate that.

glad your up and running--

Six