Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stargate cancelled

• Please log in to reply

Doctor Sonic

Doctor Sonic

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Dr who never ran consecutivley it always got cancelled and rerun and spun off and remade, same with star trek none of its series or spin offs went longer than a few years.

The original Doctor Who series (1963-1989) ran for consecutivley for 26 seasons. It was only cancelled once, which was in 1989. To this day it remains the longest running Sci Fi series.

As for Stargate, its a shame its cancelled, though I don't think SG1 could go on for much longer anyway. Still if nothing else happens with continuing SG1 at least Stargate should continue in Atlantis and other future spin offs.

Edited by Doctor Sonic, 24 August 2006 - 12:04 PM.

Advertisements

TerryVortex

TerryVortex

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Richard Dean Anderson left?

Anyone know why?

I am a big SciFi fan.

I liked the show, along with BSG, and the original, I hated what they did to that to kill it off. I hated that they killed Crusade off and FireFly.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Cant say i liked Crusade seem reason i didnt like babylon 5 to cheesy with poor SF.

Richard Dean Anderson retired from the show he was getting on a bit and was kinda becoming a bit of a loose end and his salary was huge after all those years so now he just does small walk in bits everynow and again.

Yesterdays ep of SG-1 was a good example of how it is improving now that was a good episode to the point and dramatic, although could have done with a bit more witty dialogue they just dont use Beau Bridges like they did his predescor no witty backlash with him just deer in the headlights.

I liked the original BSG as well but im not old enough to have watched the originals first time round so while im pretty sure ive seen most of em i havent seen them in order. Some weird eps in that as well, the new one is great though.

humbbug

humbbug

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
wait what sg-1 is being cancelled i never heard of this are you sure??? thats sci-fi's best show

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its all over the geek news networks.

humbbug

humbbug

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
lets all hope its all a publicity stunt

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its certainly publicity but it does seem like sci-fi have dropped it.

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I wait the whole week to see it, it is the only show that move me away from my computer

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
From Dark horizon

The SCI FI Channel has confirmed that it will not renew its record-breaking original series Stargate SG-1 for another season, but will pick up its spinoff series "Stargate: Atlantis" for a fourth year. SG-1 aired its 200th episode on August 18th, and the SF series is the longest-running SF show on American television.

SCI FI issued the following statement on Aug. 21: "SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

and further from gateworld

Though SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running series "Stargate: SG-1", the show's producers are hard at work looking for a new outlet for the story to continue says GateWorld.

"As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed. What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how" says executive producer Robert C. Cooper.

Cooper also emphasizes that "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with Sci-Fi by not watching. In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong. That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is".

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I download it so i never have to leave lol. It seems quite possible that its going to be sold everywhere but the US for TV or made into mini series and movies although movies seem unlikely because the guy that made the original sayd he wanted to make two new ones based on his movie he wants james spader in it but he i think would be a bad idea because he looks nothing like he did back then now.

If its just kept tunning in other countries i dont mind and ironically as far as i know Sci-fi channel outside the US has never aired stargate as none of them can afford it.

Advertisements

DKasler

DKasler

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I realize I'm a bit late here, but if SG-1 Leaves Sci-fi I see the network going the way of TechTV. Soon they'll call it BSci-Fi... then BS and sci-fi will be completely removed. Just as it was with TechTv.

Just my thoughts.

Ps. 1st post =)

Edited by DKasler, 07 September 2006 - 09:25 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nah they will still have BSG.

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
[PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT IS CANCEL ,WHERE CAN I SEE IT THANKS
IS WWW.SCIFI.COM THE ONLY CHANEL WHERE IS SHOWING?

Edited by elmundo, 08 September 2006 - 04:59 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
In the US its the only channel, if you go to gateworld the official fansite or scifi.com you can read about it.

Edited by warriorscot, 08 September 2006 - 05:18 AM.

elmundo

elmundo

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

In the US its the only channel, if you go to gateworld the official fansite or scifi.com you can read about it.

THANKS SCOT