Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Iwin.com?

• Please log in to reply

carlanyc

carlanyc

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Sorry Im new here, so dont know if anyone can help me with this, but Ive always played the same game at iwin.com but the past two days I click on it and it does nothing. I downloaded a new Java but the game never opens. can anyone help?

Advertisements

carlanyc

carlanyc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok I've noticed its not only at this site..Any link I click on, wont do anything..I have to copy and paste the link for it to work.
:whistling:

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
What browser are you using?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
How can I get the games to load?
The first thing to try is to delete your Internet cache files.

If you're using Microsoft's Java, open an IE browser, go to Tools/Internet Options.

Click on the Delete Files in the Temporary Internet Files section. This will clear out space so that the games can download correctly.

If you're using Sun's Java, open an IE browser or Windows Explorer, and go to C:\Program Files\Java\jrex.x.x\bin, and double click "javacpl".

Next, if you're running java 1.5 or later, there's a "Temporary Internet Files" section, with a button that says "Delete Files". Clicking this clears the cache. If you're running any earlier java version, there's a "Cache" tab, which has a "Clear" button.

It can also help to make sure you have the latest version of Sun's Java, which is part of the IE browser and is needed to make the games work properly. You can download this directly from Sun Microsystems. Here's the link:

http://www.java.com/...s_automatic.jsp

Many users on older operating systems such as Win 98 and Win ME have found that the Microsoft JVM works better with some of our games. If you are running one of these operating systems, and continue to have trouble after trying all our other troubleshooting tips, you may want to try installing the Microsoft JVM

Some older systems can benefit by closing other unneeded applications like email, music, or other browser windows.

Also, cookies and javascript must be enabled for our games to launch successfully, and popupblockers must be turned off. Many times when the game window won't even open this is the cause. Many new browsers and internet protection programs have built in pop up blockers, so you may actually have more than one on your system.