Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tablet PC's

• Please log in to reply

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
anyone have any experience with these? I have a friend who wants a tablet pc and is thinking of getting a toshiba...I've had experience with the regular laptops but not with tablets.... anyone have any suggestions or know of a good spot to read up on them a bit.... I'd like to find out specifically how durable and such the display's and pens are.... thank in advance

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Have you tried doing some web searches for reviews on the ones you are considering?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It will vary from system to system and there are a few companies that only make tablets and they come in the whole range of sizes from 4" to up to 19"(massive). Durability will vary with the model as well as make you get mil spec ones that you can literally drop 50 ft jump on and shoot and they will still work but you pay extra for that stuff. There is sites and forums dedicated to tablets i would reccomend you check those out they are full of good info and forums can often be the best way to find out what really works and what doesnt because review sites rarely use the hardware more than a few hours or a day or two it good to hear from people who have to use it over extended periods of time.

Concentrate on the durability of the screens they are the most fragile part pens are nothing they are just that pens one is the same as another and you can actually use your fingers on a tablet if you really want just get an extra cover for the screen(easy to get everyone should use them just stick over acetate sheets really.

Edited by warriorscot, 23 August 2006 - 07:24 AM.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Thanks for the replies..... I did a google search and found some individual reviews which was some help but then I heard of this site from another forum...

http://www.tabletpcreviewspot.com/

thanks for the idea of the cover warriorscot I had heard something about that but wasn't sure exactly they were talking about ... I'll certainly look into it...

I do work for toshiba laptops but i've never worked on a tablet so wasn't sure what kind of thing to look for that's why I was asking if anyone had experience with them...