Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank Folder on Desktop Relates to Office XP

• Please log in to reply

.:Since.By.Man:.

.:Since.By.Man:.

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, some time ago I was working on my computer, when all of a sudden a folder with no name whatsoever popped up on my desktop and long behold, it would not let me open it like a normal folder would. I recently found out that it was Microsoft's Outlook icon that comes with Office XP (Pro for all I know so far!), and when double-clicked on, it would bring up the Microsoft Office XP Professional window. It will ask for your CD-ROM of Office XP, showing that your installed version is corrupt, and needs some repairs done.

I have seen numerous accounts on people asking what this little folder is, therefore I have created this thread to what I have found the culprit to be.

Thank you

Advertisements