Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't see all folders on drive

• Please log in to reply

-JuSTiN-

-JuSTiN-

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
on one of my harddrives i can't see all the folders in it..it only shows up to the letter "i" and somewhere in there it stops. but if i type in the directory like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Word" (which is higher than I) it'll show up so the files are still on my computer. at first i thought i somewhow ended up deleting from the folders that start with i to z in my program files up but that wasn't the case as i can still go to the folders but can't view them all when i click My Computer and go to program files.

its hard for me to explain it but hopefully someone understands.

i already tried restarting and i have it to view all hidden files etc so it isnt that.

it's as if they aren't indexed or somethin.

edit: also, it is only that folder, i checked the others and they are showing each folder from A-Z.

Edited by -JuSTiN-, 23 August 2006 - 08:33 PM.

Advertisements

-JuSTiN-

-JuSTiN-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
is anyone familiar with this? :whistling:

-JuSTiN-

-JuSTiN-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
i just ran the Error-Checking program that comes up when you go to a drives properties and when i ran it i got most of the folders back but there are some that said they are corrupt and don't show up as folders...so i am running it again to see if it fixes the rest.

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
OK, sounds to me like your hard drive is in trouble. It probably has Bad Sectors on it corrupting the actual files try and recover what you can by running that error scan and make sure you select automatically fix errors. Also look for a hard rive repair program or maybe Norton ghost might do it not fully sure.

Bob The Mail Man :whistling: