Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Help

• Please log in to reply

pulsex

pulsex

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently got an Acer AL1906, and a few weeks after I got it, it started to restart by itself. It seems to be a power problem and not a video card problem because the monitor power light shuts off. I've tried reconnecting everything but that didn't work. I can't think of any other things that could be the problem. Some help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks To Go!!!!

id say if you just got it and its not working then get it replaced whilst its still under warrenty

then if you get the second one and its doing the same thing then we will do some more trouble shooting

troppo

Edited by troppo, 23 August 2006 - 11:50 PM.

SirKenin

SirKenin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
What exactly started to restart by itself? The computer or the monitor? Does the led on the monitor go from green to orange? Or does it just shut off altogether? If I understand you right, and I'm still very tired from a crappy night's sleep (so you'll have to forgive me if I'm a little slow), if it shuts off altogether then yes, there is a problem with the monitor (most likely the powersupply) and it needs to be replaced. If it goes to orange, then it is probably the computer that is the issue.

If it goes to orange, does this happen while you're using the computer? While it's just sitting there idle? Do you notice any change in the computer itself? Any change in sounds? Any leds flashing, changing color or turning off? The HDDs powering down? The fans stop spinning?

More details would help resolve the problem.

Edited by SirKenin, 24 August 2006 - 07:48 AM.

pulsex

pulsex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried switching the monitor with another computer and it did the same thing so its safe to say its the monitor, I also tried a different power cord and it still did the same thing, so I guess its the monitor itself.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
as i said just RMA it and get a new one then if then monitor is doing the same thing will will do some more diagnostics to see if its your video card which i highly doubt

troppo