Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Won't acknowledge a disk

• Please log in to reply

2msmom

2msmom

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I put a disk in the drawer it closes and then opens up again. What do I do?

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I need you to be more specific please... When did this start? Have you made any changes to your system recently? Does this happen with all CDs?

2msmom

2msmom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi. I need you to be more specific please... When did this start? Have you made any changes to your system recently? Does this happen with all CDs?

Well, I'm not sure when it started because I don't use it that often (the drive that is). I haven't made any changes that I am aware of. Sometimes my 4 year old daughter plays on it so I think she may have done something because I noticed my spysweeper wasn't on my task bar anymore so I went into my programs to start it and I was told it wouldn't start because some .dll couldn't be found and to reinstall. That is when I found out the drawer just pops back out.

I tried 2 different CDs and it still happened.

Could a virus do this? My daughter was on Wiggles.com the other night and after that Norton said I had 33 trojan downloads.

2msmom

2msmom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, just for the heck of it I tried a third disk and the drawer didn't reopen, but the disk didn't start either.