Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Concerning Ethernet controller drivers.

• Please log in to reply

CYB3R

CYB3R

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi guys this is my problem

Recently i formatted my other pc and installed windows from a cd sent to me by my manufacturer. (Cicero)

This was because i misplaced evry otehr cd invloved with my pc >.<.

Anyways after installing everything and when i went to device manager i noticed certain things that wernt installed yet. I tried reinstalling them by saying automatic reinstall but it says it cant and asks to connect to internet. here is the problem with that. Here is what is not installed -:

* Ethernet Controller -- i have no clue where to find drivers for my ethernet controller.
* Multi media audio controller --- same as above
* SM Bus controller -- dont even knwo what thsi is.

i tried googling drivers for the above but i dotn know if i can just install any driver of the net so any help will be apprciated =) thankyou :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use a PC to download and save this to CDR then load it on to yours

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Look on the right for system details

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Whatever you do, just make sure you get those SM bus installed, they augment by ALOT computer power... It'd be like running ur formula 1 engine on bronze fuel instead of their super pumped up super octane gas :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ethernet can be with network adapters

multi media can be with sound and devices

sm bus controller can be with ...IEEE 1394 BUS CONTROLLER ... BUT IM NOT SURE SO CHECK

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
nope, IEEE 1394 BUS is for FIREWIRE ports on mobo, or on pci expansion card. they're visible under network connections, cause their main application with microsoft windows is networking and internet connections, ironically enough...

point being, it isnt SMbus. SMbus is with the MOBO, a driver reqired to run this is essential.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.realtek.c.....0Audio CODECs

i hope that helps