Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GRAPHICS CARD UPGRADE

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I recently reformatted my caomputer and put back on a online game that i used to play and it told me that i needed to update the software on my graphics card. Its causing problems with the graphics in the game too. So id like to get it out of the way and update everything. so how do you go about upgrading the software??? And I dont know what card i have and i know that would help lol so how do you find that out too? Thanks In Advance!!!

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
If you don't know what type of card you have then it is most likely integrated. Go into My Computer and click on View System Information. Then click on the Hardware tab then click on Device Manager. If you expand the Display Adapters option it will show you the type of card you have. You can also right click on the card and select Update Driver. Windows will then go out to the internet and find the driver for you.

If that doesn't work, then find out if the card is Nvidia or Ati and then go to that sight and get the driver from there.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Its a stock integrated dell 82865G graphics controler but i swear that one time my computer said something about a Nvida card installed. So since this is what i have how would i upgrade the software??

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Go to the Dell site and look under support. You should be able to download the drivers from there.

As a matter of fact, this is probably what you're looking for right here:
http://support.dell....p;fileid=145645

Edited by kidnova, 25 August 2006 - 07:42 AM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Thanks Alot!!! That did it! Everythings back to normal.

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
No problem. Glad I could help.