Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

QuickTime Alternative Installation Problem

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi folks, I've been using QuickTime and Real Alternative(s) to view .mov and .ram/.rm files and they've been working really well. Up until a few days ago I tried to give it an update QuickTime Alternative just wouldn't install anymore. Real Alternative installed fine but everytime I try to install QTA there's this msg coming up at the end of installation (captured image attached) and I have no other option apart from pressing "abort", could anyone plz help? Thanx

Snap1.gif

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use add and remove to uninstall the existing version

Look in programme files for QTA, if you see a folder for it, move it to My Documents

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm, reboot

Try the new version

If you get the same error, install the previous one