Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administration via Windows NT Server Tools

• Please log in to reply

anita

anita

• Pip
  • 3 posts
How do I do administration via Windows NT Server Tools from an XP Pro PC. Where can I get downloads for the Windows NT Server Tools fro XP Pro?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
hmmm...

maybe if you could say what you are attempting to do, specifically?

MS used to have the win95 remote desktop client on the MS DOWNLOAD CENTER, allowing you to manage your winnt server from windows 95, and I was going to suggest that, and perhaps running that in compatibility mode if Windows XP wouldn't run it natively.

I see it is not there anymore, though. I don't know if that would work, or even if that is what you mean.

I haven't fiddled with NT in quite some time, but I would bet that the client is available on the Windows NT server CDs....look for folders called support tools or maybe something like clients?

Another solution might be to install a remote desktop client on the NT server and your XP machine....like RealVNC, UltraVNC or TightVNC