Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Boot into Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply

-jp

-jp

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Well, I don’t know if it is a matter that I can’t or just don’t know how. I was thinking of doing some house cleaning, starting with the guide in the Malware forums. I tapped F8 during POST and here are my choices:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA Mode
Last Good Known Configuration (your most recent setting that worked)
Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
Debugging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure

Start Windows Normally
Reboot
Return to OS Choices Screen

I choose “Safe Mode”. After a few seconds it gives me a message back saying “We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this”. It also says a few other things, and if you need to know I will tell you. Other than that it gives me the first three choices again, and of course “Start Windows Normally”. I choose the last “Start Windows Normally”.

Now, a few months ago I did change out my video card and I also changed out my RAM. Other information you may want to know my MB is an ASUS P4T533-C.

If you need any other information let me know and I will try to find the answer for you. No rush on this my computer is running fine.

Thanks,
jp

Edited by -jp, 25 August 2006 - 10:11 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go to your control panel from your start open system click on hardware device manger click the +on video adapters do you see any yellow marks right click then update....if you dont uninstall each one and computer will note change and reinstall them then perform a update on each one

if you have 2 ram sticks switch them around physically be sure computer is off when you do this unplug from wall or power bar before attempting to open cabinet wait aleast 30 seconds or minute

Edited by rushin1nd, 25 August 2006 - 10:42 PM.