Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer not starting up

• Please log in to reply

fathead161

fathead161

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hey,

I woke up this morning and tried to boot it up and what do you know.....there is no dislplay on my screen. I tried changing up my power cords inside my comp to make sure that my hard drives were getting power, and im almost positive that they are, becuase my fans are working, and they are hooked up in a chain after my hd's and video card. I then tried plugging in another monitor and i got the basic boot-up screen (for me when it scans all my ram, usb's, keyboard, etc.,} and it froze after it recognized my keyboard. Im running a home xp with a raedon 9800 all in wonder, so my monitor connects right to my vc using an adapter supplied by ati.

Please help

Advertisements

Longhorns242

Longhorns242

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
could be a psu problem. your psu may be going out. or your heatsink for cpu is not seated correctly.