Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hurricane Ernesto

• Please log in to reply

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Isn't this magical... It's a bit early to tell, but it looks like Ernesto is heading right for me lol Tampa Bay Area, FL. Where do you think it'll go? Damage?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The last projection I saw showed it making landfall somewhere in the Gulf between Texas and the Florida panhandle. Let's hope that it doesn't become a major hurricane, and that it spares New Orleans.

Most predictions were for a very active hurricane season. Hasn't it been a strangely quiet?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
No idea, but I know this, that the American spirit is always stronger than their hurricanes.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Most predictions were for a very active hurricane season. Hasn't it been a strangely quiet?

well...there you go...anyone on the gulf coast...just move away now...blair has cursed you all....

the hurricane seasons are planned to get progressively worse (at least by predictions..which..well..you know can't always be right) over the next few years....

i miss living in LA alot sometimes...but never in the fall do i miss the hurricanes...they can be fun when you're a kid and you don't reallize what can happen...but...with my grandparents living out in the swamp..and not exactly being mobile (why they don't move inland with my parents? ask my pig headed grandpa) doesnt make me feel very good during the last 6 months of the year..

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Which chanel should one be watching to cover this subject, please post link belew. Thanks

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.weather.com/

VGamr

VGamr

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
lol its headin for me two central FL area hoepfully school will be cancelled :whistling: but yea i think not much damage and id say if u want up to date news stuff watch bright houses channel 13 news its 24/7 news or if ya wanna wait watch fox news.

Edited by VGamr, 29 August 2006 - 01:33 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
CNN gives constant updates.....It looks like its going to be a category 2 maybe 1. So not to bad but still......Hopefully everything goes well and there will be no deaths a small amount if any injurys.
thanx
James

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

i miss living in LA a lot sometimes...

I've never been there. True story, I had trip planned to Mardi Gras with a good friend of mine and his brother. After Katrina we decided to postpone it. Now I wish we would have gone. Is there food or music like that anywhere else in the world?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Is there food or music like that anywhere else in the world?

not unless my grandma leaves the state (which she doesnt)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Always wanted to see mardi gras see how it stacks up against festival time in edinburgh, although its a bit quieter here but then again it is colder. Looks fun though, i never get the point of living places where the weather tries to kill you annually, Why is it only there that gets weather like that wouldnt it be interesting if you got Hurricanes in europe, that would be fun ive always wanted to see a tornado up close ive seen the beginnings of one once but never seen a real one.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
IF you ever take a trip JUST for mardi gras...don't go to new orleans...unless you like not being able to breathe...there's like 10 million people in a space that can fit 1000...they're all drunk...and it tends to smell like pee.... go to mamou they have the best mardi gras party there ever was...there's even a bunch of drunk people chasing chickens...it's great

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

there's even a bunch of drunk people chasing chickens...it's great

Can't wait to turn 18 :whistling:
James

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Lol, sounds like the street party at hogmany here, except its colder and no chickens just lots of booze and music(and a little of most everything else). Its great, I cant complain for lack of partying in festivals i go to uni in edinburgh any excuse we have like two months of festivals topped of with freshers week, this is excluding the street party, so we have the worlds biggest arts festivals, student parties and new years bashes every year.

Next time im back in lousiana ill be sure to check that out, havent been there in a while was just an on the way stop off as well(drove to texas one time from FL).

and it tends to smell like pee

Sounds like Paris when i was there although i have it on good authority its only like that in summer. Ive always wanted to see new orleans always seems a funky place, mind you was put off by the mad max scenes on the news after the hurricane.

PS the novelty wears of after 18 when you get to 19 it just gets hideously normal.

Edited by warriorscot, 30 August 2006 - 10:13 AM.