Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Meaning of error message?

• Please log in to reply

sally7

sally7

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,again,I tried this question on GAMESetc. but didn't get any follow up soooo....What does "Could not open C:Documents and Settings\SallyCourte\applicationData/Wildfire/TumBlebugs Stats.txt" mean when I am trying yo reinstall my Tumblebugs game.I know this is not a seious problem but I really like the game!!! Sorry for being so pathetic!

Advertisements

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi Sally,

when you uninstalled the game did you ensure that the folder you mentioned in app data was deleted before you tried to reinstall? (only for this game *******cannot stress enough DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER FILES OR FOLDERS IN HERE*******) - if you do this now - please ensure that you restart your system before you try a reinstall.

It shouldn't have an issue once you've done this - but if it does, try a full shut down and wait 2mins before reinstall.

Steve
:whistling:

sally7

sally7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks Steve,
ERRH..DUH! Where do I go to delete this wondrous thing??? I AM trying to learn

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi again Sally,

pretty much as the path suggests;

C:Documents and Settings\SallyCourte\applicationData\Wildfire

so literally go to my computer>documents and settings>sallycourte>application data>wildfire

each > indicates a new folder for you to open - just delete the wildfire folder once you find it. (hold down shift when you delete and this will permanently delete it and not put in the recycle bin (still asks for confirm the delete)

Any probs - let me know

Cheers

Steve :whistling:

If you can't find it you can always paste the path into any of your explorer windows (even IE) and your system will find it.