Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can no longer write to CD/DVD

• Please log in to reply

defconv2000

defconv2000

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
All of the sudden, out of the blue, my CD/DVD writer stopped writing to CDs. It will read fine by playing a music CD, etc, but I can't copy songs or pictures onto a CD ROM.

Please someone help me. I have a newsletter to publish for Sept 13.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Have you made any changes to your system recently? Have you tried updating the drivers for the CD Drive? Have you tried running a System Restoration?

defconv2000

defconv2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello.

I haven't added anything new lately.

I went and downloaded the latest driver and my system told me I already had the latest. I tried to download the lightscribe update and it told me that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I know it does. I am assuming that it doesn't detect a writer so it assumes I don't meet the minimum requirements.

If I run a system restore, will I lose everything I downloaded since the last save? Pix, music, tax law documents, etc?