Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need a new FPS!

• Please log in to reply

garretbcripe

garretbcripe

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hey all-

Just finished Doom 3. Holy crizzap, somebody shoulda said to wear rubber underpants. Anyway, I need a new fps. i've heard quake 4 is good, i really enjoyed playing the original tribes (anyone remember tribes? sierra? starseige? base mod with light armor and a chaingun pwnin' fools? dr.buddylee? no? crap.) and im looking for an online game that has some decent team based stuff... i've heard counterstrike is good for this but i can't find it anywhere at the stores. suggestions? criticisms? thanks.

Garret

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Hey all-

Just finished Doom 3. Holy crizzap, somebody shoulda said to wear rubber underpants. Anyway, I need a new fps. i've heard quake 4 is good, i really enjoyed playing the original tribes (anyone remember tribes? sierra? starseige? base mod with light armor and a chaingun pwnin' fools? dr.buddylee? no? crap.) and im looking for an online game that has some decent team based stuff... i've heard counterstrike is good for this but i can't find it anywhere at the stores. suggestions? criticisms? thanks.

Garret

Fear is by sierra and they now offer the free full multiplayer on the web but if you want single player you will have to buy that.. Its a good single player game with good graphics.

Battlefield 2 is good but its multiplayer based..

Farcry is older but still has some of the best graphics of almost any game right now..

Alot of newer games coming out soon or later this year to next year and alot of new free demos on http://www.gamershell.com

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Prey is good but it is vomit inducing you never know what way is up, but its good, Quake4 is great in my opinion it is better than doom3 although ive always sligthly prefered quake and half life to doom. HL2 is better than both and it comes with counter strike another great online game.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Prey was okay. Quake 4 got only an okay review from my part. Counter-Strike and Half-Life 2 are by far the best SP/MP combo ou there in my opinion. If you're looking for just good MP gaming, check out Battlefield 2 definantly.

nojs

nojs

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
prey is good! maybe you can try the free multiplayer of F.E.A.R. !!!
i forgot the link but you have to subscribe, you will find it on google :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its just the normal fear page you sign up to get the key its a good deal ive got it downloaded i just need to register it fear is good.

There is a couple of new ones coming out in the next couple of months so keep a look out.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Call of duty 2. grea single player fps, and awesome multiplayer. The gfx are amazing but the learning curve is a bit steeper than the other games.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just played Fear combat for a couple of hours and its really good.

humbbug

humbbug

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
In october Battle field 2142 is comming out and i heard that will be pretty darn good.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I enjoyed HL2: Episode 1 when I played it a few months back, I also liked the new Sin game.

If your feeling like branching out into first person RPG then why not try Oblivion.

Advertisements

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
HL2 - Episode 2 is out soon with the new Team Fortess which looks great, so is Call of Juarez which i'm really looking forward to playing. You could also try Serious Sam 2 if you want some mindless but fun blasting.

Edited by mozzer11, 07 September 2006 - 04:04 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah call of juarez is pretty good ive only played it for 15 20 minutes but its pretty good.

PS played more amazing looking game even on my system and its nowhere close to high settings barely medium and its just an amazing engine think maps almost oblivion size but much better graphics wise facial and clothing textures are amazingly detailed and the weapons and and gameplay are just great.

Edited by warriorscot, 08 September 2006 - 06:40 PM.

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Enemy Territory Quake Wars

Supposed to be on store shelves now!

:whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Release Date:
US: TBA
Europe: February 27, 2007 It was supposed to be out february this year but was delayed for a year.

-=blaster=-

-=blaster=-

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
:blink:

Some online stores had it listed as September 7. The same stores now it is listed as unavailable.

Oh well, looks like we will have to settle for Battlefield 2142. And we all know EA puts out quality.

:whistling: