Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC Cannot boot up unless I go into safe mode. HELP

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you click start, my computer, double click local disc C

If you have an ATI folder, double click it, click support, click the next one, click ACE

Click set up

[attachment=10440:attachment]

Advertisements

Dario04

Dario04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Great...

So.... it's just like that huh... hehe..

First off, I'd like to thank you so very much for your time and support. You answered to my problem in minutes, and helped fix my problem for hours. I highly appreciate what you have done for me today, and without you... I would probably be at the MDG shop asking for them to repair my computer... who's warranty has run out just recently. (more money to pay)..

Thanks alot man, and I will try to possibly stick around this site to check out what's going on every now and then.

I will definitely report here if anything else happens, as this is the best support site I have encountered so far.

Have a good night ( or whatever time it is over there for you, haha ).

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The bit I just posted in post 31 is optional but it should be ATI Catalyst Control centre (ATICCC)

As you say, the control centre isn't used much so you can just as easily run with what you have

Hope it goes well

Dario04

Dario04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well, I tried post 31's info, but it gave me that immediate shutdown, so something must truly be wrong. I don't think I should keep playing with this, because bad luck may strike.

I'm grateful for everything you've done, and I'm hoping you've read my thanks already... Here is one last bit of info that I got from the Serious Error Problem when my computer rebooted... it gave that message because of how the system shut down I assume...

I will type it out ...

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER81ae.dir00\Mini082806-03.dmp
-----------------------------------------------WER81.ae.dir00\sysdata.xml

^
same message but a difference near the end....

Maybe you know what it is? Because I don't....

I will stay tuned for the answer, as I'm going to bed soon... but those are the technical terms of the error report.. hope you know something about it...

I'm so happy it works now though, so I could truly care LESS about the catalyst control center, honestly... as long as my graphics card is operating well....

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run this later, no rush, the TEMP file will eventually disappear, so nothing to do there unless it gives problems

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this

Check the anti virus is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Dario04

Dario04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
That's great... I may run this in a few days, and it's 3:38a.m right now so there's no way in he..ll I'm doing that lol... I will check that out sometime... but that's just to help my computer's speed and performance right? If so, is there any other helpful files you could give me... this site is already bookmarked, so I'm just wondering...

Thanks!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
With Tune Up you can scan first to see what it intends to do then choose to fix what it wants to

It may pick up on incorrect entries which are causing the control centre to hide

The_Legend

The_Legend

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hey Keith, I was wondering if you could take a look at the thread I posted today. It's a similar problem to dario's.

http://www.geekstogo...rs-t128238.html

Thanks!

Edited by The_Legend, 28 August 2006 - 12:38 PM.