Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to build RAID with SATA drives

• Please log in to reply

King_Vijaya

King_Vijaya

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My new motherboard has two SATA slots plus 2 IDE slots. Can I use SATA drives together with IDE direves. Is there any configaration to do in BIOS. Then how? Also assist me on RAID to use my SATA drive. Thanks!

Advertisements

paul hood

paul hood

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My new motherboard has two SATA slots plus 2 IDE slots. Can I use SATA drives together with IDE direves. Is there any configaration to do in BIOS. Then how? Also assist me on RAID to use my SATA drive. Thanks!

you can use both ide and sata drives but the speed may be limited to the slowest drive. also if you want to set up a raid you need a motherboard with 2 or more raid slots on it. they should be red with raid 0, 1,2,3. you can set up other raids but you will need a motherboard that can do it

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Check your mobo manual check if its SATA controller supports RAID, but RAID isnt something for home users its something designed for largely corporate use unless you have 4 or 5 drives minimum i wouldnt consider it, it also doesnt really boost speed either for most.