Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse & keyboard freeze

• Please log in to reply

manofthehour

manofthehour

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just got my new PC from cyberpowerPC & after a few days about 10 mimnutes after i boot up the lights on my keyboard start to flicker & my mouse stops working then the PC locks up. After restarting it gets stuck again before it gets to the windows log in & the only way i can get it to reboot is to unplug it from the wall then pluug it back in. Then it boots up fine & works the rest ofr the day. Know it happens everytime everyday on the first boot -up. The support people at cyberpower said it may be the power supply & they are sending me a new one. I was just wondering if anyone had any advise to fix this or had a simular experience. let me know...thanks.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
First, do you have protection for internet borne nasties? You'll need that. Have you made any changes to the system recently?

manofthehour

manofthehour

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ya i have firewall & antivirus. the only changes i've made were adding programs. could it be a virus causing this to happen?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
You never know, it could be, but we can't be sure at this time. I would say to install the new power supply and see if that helps first.

manofthehour

manofthehour

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
rec'd new power supply, put it in last night worked fine. this morning i booted up my PC and around 10 or 15 minutes later the same thing happened. Power supply was not the problem. what else could be causing this?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
This computer is under warranty right? I mean it's brand new... Just send it back to the manufacturer and demand a new system identical in specs.