Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gta vice city

• Please log in to reply

sickperson

sickperson

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
:blink: hi!i once started the installation of gta vice city but it couldn't be completed because of a sudden shut down.i deleted the copied files and tried installing it again but the install shield asks me if i want to uninstall it.what should i do when i have not installed it.i removed all the files completely.i have even tried registry mechanic and fixed all the registry entries but no success.i would be grateful if anyone could please help! :whistling:

Edited by sickperson, 20 September 2006 - 03:55 AM.

Advertisements

TYFlame

TYFlame

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
What happens when you click uninstall?

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
ouch, you should normally never manually delete files from a game, always try to uninstall it first (even if the install isn't complete, i think installshield makes it possible but not sure). i suppose when you try to uninsall, it says a file is missing? (probably the uninstall.exe)?

sickperson

sickperson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
no,it doesn't shows any "missing file" message.as soon as i click next the uninstallation starts and takes only a second to complete.i have tried uninstalling it again & again but nothing happens.

h_mike

h_mike

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Try this: Try repairing the file, using the Add/Remove Programs feature OR Re-install it, then un-install it, (when it asks after you try installing it, or after if it lets you install it). Then restart your computer, re-post on here with a new reply, also you can try System Restore. Tell me if I fixed your problem or not.

Edited by hayabusa_mike, 06 September 2006 - 08:27 PM.

sickperson

sickperson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
there is a gta vice city file in add\remove programs whose size is shown 0.00mb.whenever i start it,it doesn't show any reinstall or repair option but directly asks me if i want to remove gta vice city.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Have you tried running CCleaner to clean up for registry ad temporary files?
Have you tried using System Restore to restore your PC to a time before you tried to install it?