Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista pre-RC1 ISO file for 100,000 downloads only

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I received a similar email yesterday, except mine contained a product key. They used Akamai download manager for its speed. I downloaded it in a little over two hours. This is a PRE-release version of RC1. They're are looking to get it installed quickly on a limited number of systems to test for bugs before the wide release of RC1.

After downloading, please install and test the build as soon as possible. Most importantly, if there is a crash, hang or error – please make sure that you send the information back to us using the built-in Windows Error Reporting technology.

The wide release of RC1 is scheduled for September. I'm guessing very early September.

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
thats probably what i didn't do properly burn the iso.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
yeah i read that about the email...
so it wont work...

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
product key???? don't tell me i dld 2.7 gigs of junk...... i never got the product key or email and i did participate in the CPP of Beta 2. AHHHH must get product key somehow.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I don't see an e-mail from MS, should I just stop the download then?

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
OMG!! I really hope that this works or we can get a product key. I don't want to download 2.7GB of something I won't be able to use. Has anybody actually got it working (burned and loaded) yet. Please somebody try their Beta 2 key and see if this works, if so please let us all know.

Edited by CJIS, 29 August 2006 - 08:54 AM.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
yeah its pointless, just a test of the rc1. it wont work without the email. dont bother hehe

Edited by sarahw, 29 August 2006 - 08:54 AM.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Fudge, and i ran to home from work just to dld this thing....... IT better work! .... unless admin wants to share his key with us??? lol

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I have done a small amount of searching on the web and some people who have donloaded this release have said there old Beta 2 key works so I am still running the download. Hoping and Praying :whistling: :blink:

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
pheeeww.... it better work......

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
My Download has just hit 24KB/s I can't beleive this. It is taking forever.

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Anybody got it working yet?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Yeah, it's build 5536. Noticeably faster. Seems more polished. It prompts to create a backup after install which is a nice feature. The appearance is mostly the same, although the Aero glass appears more blue. Network Discovery is improved. DVD Maker is slick. Did have IE crash once. Haven't had too much time to play with it yet.

BTW, rumor is that the full RC1 release date is Sept 5th. So, if you don't get this pre-release to work, you shouldn't have to wait too long.

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Cool, Sounds good. I am at 93% Downloaded and just hope it works. I will have to change back to XP to burn it as my burning software is on XP. I can't wait for RC1 and can't wait for the final release. I think this is the best OS around and will be for a while. Microsoft have done a good job this time.

Solarin

Solarin

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
This might be a silly question. Would I still be able to take part in the RC1 testing even though I wasn't able to make it into either of the beta testing? Also, being that I don't have a DVD burner would I be able to mount the beta-2 release (assuming I can still get it) it to a virtual DVD drive instead?