Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Updates

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
put Zinio on desktop then right click ziono if you see unlocker then click on unlocker

did this program come with computer Zinio

Edited by rushin1nd, 01 September 2006 - 04:10 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well here it is

but get a load of this .............

Hello

The one trick to un-installing is that you do need to have Internet connectivity for it to work properly. The un-installer located at 'Start Menu -> Programs -> Zinio -> Uninstall Zinio Reader' should work.

If you do have connectivity and are still experiencing problems, you can always manually un-install by following these steps:

1) Close the Zinio Reader "if open".
2) Right click on "Zinio Delivery Manager" in the far right lower corner of the Windows system tray and select "exit". Select "Yes" to exit.
3) Delete the "Zinio" folder in your "C:\Program Files\Zinio\".
4) Select Start/Run and type "cmd". Move to the "C:\" directory if you are not already there. Type "cd.." until you are at "c:\". Then type "cd pro*". Then type "cd com*". Then type "cd z*". The command line should now look like "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Zinio". Type ""regsvr32 -u zshext.dll" A dialog will pop up stating "zshext.dll was successfully unregistered". Reboot. After reboot, open Windows explorer and navigate to "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Zinio". Select the "Zinio" folder and delete.
5)Delete "My Magazines" folder within the "My Documents" folder.
6)Delete the "Digital Magazines" shortcut on the desktop.
7) Delete the "Zinio Reader" shortcut on the desktop.
8) Delete the Zinio Program group. Select "Start/Programs/Zinio. Right click on "Zinio" and select delete.
9) Delete the Zinio shortcut form the Start menu. Select Start and locate the Zinio icon. Right click on icon and select delete.
10) Go to C:\Documents and Settings\'username'\Application Data and delete the "ContentGuard" folder.
11) Delete the "ZinioInstall.txt" file on C:\.
12) Select Start/Run and enter "regedit" to open the Windows Registry. Select "Edit" then "Find". Do a search for Zinio. Keep selecting the "F3" key and deleting Zinio until there are no more instances of Zinio found in the Registry.
13) Delete all files in "Recycle Bin".
14) Reboot.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Thank You
Zinio Customer Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heres another option

Hi,

In case someone is still reading this.

I managed to uninstall Zinio by disactivating all firewalls including the Windows XP Firewall, done that the uninstall feature in the zinio folder worked properly. I will track the registry for Zinio to erase all entries referring to it.

Good luck and if you read this DON'T install Zinio at least until they change their UNINSTALL feature.

David_H

David_H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
It is not in the add/remove list.

I got it with a PC World sub.

David_H

David_H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
I've not used regedit and have read all the cautions about it. Is there an alternative?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try to do the uninstall in post 62 there are 2 options there. apparently Zinio doesnt have a good uninstall program so it has to be done manually

and once its install it really stick to computer really good were going to get rid of some things hopefully we can get windows to update its self but its obvious that something is interfering

David_H

David_H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Done. Zinio is gone. Thank you.

Learned a bit about regedit.

Unfortunately, the updates still don't work.

David

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
is there any other programs you dont use

other than AVG was there anything else around the time updates stopped

David_H

David_H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Not that I can identify.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
try removing MBSA and try updates without it if it dont work reinstall it here

http://www.microsoft...s/mbsahome.mspx

its just a long shot
heres a site too visit maybe you can look it over ill do some more searching

http://v4.windowsupd.....-Driver) item

Edited by rushin1nd, 01 September 2006 - 08:02 PM.

David_H

David_H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
MBSA is out.

No topics, except one that you suggested last night - having to do with iuctl.cab - seem to be relevant. I tried again to do the "iuctl" thing. Feel was that it worked better.

In any event, still no updates.

Advertisements

gamefr3ak

gamefr3ak

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well I'm not much of an expert at this but I'm just wondering do you have the virus scanner "Mc Afee" on your computer?

David_H

David_H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Nope.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
download and update ewido then scan

http://www.ewido.net/en/

David_H

David_H

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Downloaded and scanned.

A few tracking cookies which I took the opportunity to delete.

And something called heuristic.win.avkiller which ewido said to ignore once. So I did.

I did try the updates again. Same result, no update.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
what other programs you got dates not important