Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error! R6025 pure virtual function call

• Please log in to reply

Tone Loc

Tone Loc

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums but have visited here quite a few times for helpful information! First of all. this topic could probably fit into at least a couple subforums but thought I'd post here due to the popular OS involved. I recently performed a fresh install of Windows XP. This was nearly one week ago & all has worked pretty well except for this one webiste that's crashing both IE & Mozilla Firefox. The website is http://www.nfl.com & it happens each & every time I try to view this site. I'm gonna provide the error that's been given from the screen because there are no "Event Errors" reported for this problem. Here's the error given:

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\ProgramFiles\InternetExplorer\Explorer.exe

R6025

-pure virtual function call

I've Googled this error for a few days & there is quite a bit of info but nothing directly related to my situation.I know very little about the DC++ programming so not too comfortable nor where to edit this type programming. I have visited tons of other websites & the error as of right now doesn't appear from these other sites. It's only affecting this one website right now. I'd appreciate some advice on what may be causing this problem. I have run 2 online scans plus used Ad-Aware,Spybot.& other programs but nothing is showing. I also am an advanced user of HJT but haven't done a scan with that program to see what that may bring. BTW, this error is also occurring with Mozilla Firefox so it's not just an IE problem. Thanks! :whistling:

Edited by Tone Loc, 31 August 2006 - 09:10 AM.

Advertisements

Tone Loc

Tone Loc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Any help guys? I still haven't figured this one out but this website is still crashing IE & Firefox! Thanks! :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you paste this in to run and press enter

regsvr32 C:\WinNT\System32\rsabase.dll

Tone Loc

Tone Loc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Can you paste this in to run and press enter

regsvr32 C:\WinNT\System32\rsabase.dll

I tried that & get a failed error message that the specified module could not be found. It seems something is missing from the fresh XP install from a couple weeks ago. I say this but everything else with the PC seems to work just fine. It's just the NFL website that keeps crashing on me. I've been to hundreds of other sites without any issue whatsoever. Thanks & what maybe next? :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

If you do not have an XP CD you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD, if you downloaded SP2 then you need an SP1 XP CD

Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

Windows will appear to load normally then either the monitor will show progress or the screen will go blank, do not disturb this.

This will take an hour or so before it gets to the desktop.

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Tone Loc

Tone Loc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

If you do not have an XP CD you can borrow a same version as was originally installed XP CD, if you downloaded SP2 then you need an SP1 XP CD

Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

Windows will appear to load normally then either the monitor will show progress or the screen will go blank, do not disturb this.

This will take an hour or so before it gets to the desktop.

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Done all steps provided in order! Still getting the crash from the NFL website. I do have a little better PC performance but still the crashing. Thanks! :whistling:

Edited by Tone Loc, 02 September 2006 - 10:56 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I moved the HJT Log here

http://www.geekstogo...s...st&p=775861

They will reply to you

Possibly best to wait to see what they spot