Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

licence transfer

• Please log in to reply

dob

dob

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ive been given an xp pro licence, that says "Windows XP Professional 1-2CPU Samsung Electronics" from an old computer no longer in use.
I want to install xp pro on a newly built pc if i type in the product key will it work or say its a counterfeit version of windows? I know sometimes you need to ring up to get a valid key when re-installing if i ring is there any chance of them giving it to me
I assume the licence came from a laptop originally ive never seen a samsung pc or am i wrong?
If i say ive put a new hard drive in my laptop will they give me the code then? or wont i even need to ring?

Also since it says samsung am i right in thinking its an oem licence, and do i need to aquire an oem xp pro disc as mine is retail but i dont have the licence for it?
thanks a lot

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Umm that is illegal to transfer an oem license..... from my understanding that license dies with the computer it was originally shipped with...