Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need suggestions on pc

• Please log in to reply

mark_k

mark_k

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So heres my setup:

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe ATX LGA775 975X Conroe DDR2 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 GBLAN Sound Motherboard

Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB 2X1GB PC6400 DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-12 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit

NZXT Apollo ATX Tower Case 5X5.25 1X3.5 4X3.5INT 400W Front Audio USB Firewire Silver

Zalman VF900-CU Copper Dual Heatpipe 1350-2400RPM 18.5-25.0DBA VGA Cooler

OCZ GameXStream 600W ATX12V 24PIN SLI Ready Active PFC ATX Power Supply 120MM Fan Black

LG GSA-H10N DVD+RW 16X8X16 DVD-RW 16X6X16 Dual Layer 10X/6X DVD-RAM 12X Writer 2MB Black OEM W/ SW

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB SATA2 3GB/S 7200RPM 16MB Cache Ncq Hard Drive

ATI X1900XT 512MB

Intel E6600

any cables I will need?

Picked up some Arctic Silver 5 HIGH-DENSITY Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound to put on my processor.

Anyone know where I can find a good tuturial possibly with pictures for Intel setups? Found a AMD http://sysbuild.cors...aspx?id=2&sid=1
so its probally close to the same besides processors install.

Hopefully I dont crack and light this baby on fire haha.

Any tips on the rig would be awesome before I make a mess ;-)

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
dont get the X1900XT save some smoney for now and get somehtign a little less otherwise you will kick yourself when DX10 comes out

you probably wont need any cables they will come with your case. you might need a SATA cable though depending weather or not you have bought the drive as OEM or retail...

you mgiht alspo consider gettting a 120mm fan for blowing air out teh back and an 80mm fan for an intake but besides that it all looks pretty good

troppo

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Installing the processor on the 775 is the easist there is. Just drop it in and lock it down. Put 2 bb sized dabs of compound on the processor and smooth it to a very thin layer in the middle of the processor with a sandwich baggie over the index finger. Put another very thin layer(one dab) on the heatsink so it will lock in with the processor, again smoothed with your finger in a baggie. Anyway, heres tom's hardware picture tutorial.

http://www.tomshardw...unch/page6.html

As you can see there is only one way to install the processor. The processor will not sit evenly in the socket any other way. Read thru about the next 4 pages.

The stock heatsink fan leaves something to be desired noisewise. I opted for a thermotake blue orb II heatsink simply because it is almost completely silent. I can hear the PS fans over it. Thinking about adding enermax adjustable fans to the PS.

SRX660