Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser Jumps to Forward or Back Pages

• Please log in to reply

mirow

mirow

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just got a new computer about a month ago and I notice that when browsing in Internet Explorer after selecting either a bookmarked page or a new page, my browser jumps forward or backwards to a different page, and I keep going back to my selected page, but it keeps jumping to another page. this is really wierd.
Should I re- download IE? What could be making it not stick?

Advertisements

Upgrade

Upgrade

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Just a quick check, make sure your keyboard is alright. An example of why: If you hit backspace it takes you back a page, so if the backspace is sticky....

Edited by Upgrade, 01 September 2006 - 12:10 AM.

mirow

mirow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Keyboard is fine.......

Upgrade

Upgrade

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well since you have new computer I am assuming you have XP, if not just tell me.

Otherwise you can trust the file protection, and simply delete the iexplore.exe file on the computer and Windows will automatically replace it with a good copy from the dllcache (and if it does not you can always run an SFC which will).

The file is located at:

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

To run an SFC (should it not automaticlly be replaced, or should the dllcache copy be missing or corrupted) you will need Windows install disk.

Click Start --> Run

Type SFC /scannow