Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Dell Dimension Serie 2400

• Please log in to reply

franny84

franny84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, first off lets explain. My mate just told me he has a Dell Dimension Serie 2400, and if I want it I can have it. Free computer is always good. Specially as I only got a laptop.

Now the thing is, am pretty sure that it can support the whole C&C series on it, not too sure if it can handle Age of emipres, rome, or other total war games. :whistling:

The specs are as follows:

Processor: Celeron 2.40 Ghz
Memory: 256mb SDRAM DDR (Speed at 333Mhz, a PC2700 and a 184-pin)
Hard drive: 40gb (Might even be 30gb) (DMA/ATA-100)
A cd-rw, and an onboard graphic card (He believes its a 64mb, also that I can upgrade it with a pci graphic card)

Now the help part :blink:

Oh great computer people on Geeks to go! Please help me, I am planning to upgrade this system alot! Like put in a secound hard drive of atleast 320gb, Bring ram to the max of 1gb, Put in a pci graphic card and to get a dvd-rw in this pc

What I am asking is for help on if this is possible? Also if you have/had the Dell Dimension Serie 2400 if you got any tips or so? Or what you have done to it!

Any help would be great! As will probably take this off my mate, but dont want it to be a big papper weight!

Thanks in advance! :help:

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
I don't have any experience with the 2400 series specifically, but the changes you referred to aren't difficult. Increasing RAM is self-explanatory and installing a new harddrive isn't very difficult. You need to check the specific system specs to see what is compatible. Also see if it has PCI-e or AGP before you go out and buy a PCI card.

Get the system tag off of the computer and then go to the Dell support site. It will tell you all of the specifications for that system.

Edited by kidnova, 01 September 2006 - 03:09 PM.