Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radio Interference

• Please log in to reply

sweetgapeach1964

sweetgapeach1964

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I just purchased an Acer desktop computer, running Windows XP Home. The speakers are Acer. The problem is I can hear a radio station playing constantly all the time through the speakers. How do I get rid of this? Thank you for any help you can give!

Edited by sweetgapeach1964, 02 September 2006 - 01:36 PM.

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Hi sweetgapeach1964, welcome to GeeksToGo!

Is there a phone or radio close to your computer? I have had the same thing happen and it was my cell phone causing the problem.

sweetgapeach1964

sweetgapeach1964

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Emery, thanks for replying. No there is no telephone in this room. No phone jack either, lol. I have cable modem connected for internet. No radio either.

Edited by sweetgapeach1964, 02 September 2006 - 03:49 PM.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Make sure all the cables connected to your computer are not tangled up too bad.

Do you have a loudspeaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen? If you do, set the slider bar about halfway. If you don't have this icon, let me know and I will help you get it there.

sweetgapeach1964

sweetgapeach1964

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I do have the icon. It is actually set lower than halfway. Muting has no effect on the radio interruption coming through the speakers. The only way I can get the broadcast to stop is to turn the power off to the speakers. This happened once before to an acoustic/electric guitar amp - never did figure that one out either. Oh yeah, and the wires are not tangled :-)

Edited by sweetgapeach1964, 02 September 2006 - 04:03 PM.