Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to extract files from incomplete zip/rar files?

• Please log in to reply

c00l @qu@r!an

c00l @qu@r!an

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
HI !!

Can anyone please tell me is there any software to extract files from an incomplete zip/rar file.
Actually i have an incomplete downloaded zip file in my computer and I just want to extract only that much of the file content which is present in the zip file.

Also is there a way to extract files from split zip/rar files individually and later join them??

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not really possible because if the file's corrupt or incomplete, it's got no way of knowing what can be extracted as all the info isn't available.

The easiest way is just to download the ZIP file again, if it came from the internet.

c00l @qu@r!an

c00l @qu@r!an

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Not really possible because if the file's corrupt or incomplete, it's got no way of knowing what can be extracted as all the info isn't available.

Even I thought so. I have downloaded that complete zip file again (successfully this time). It contained 5 mp3 files. But when i opened that older incomplete zip file using WinRAR, it was able to display 3 of those 5 files and also sizes of first two of them were accurate while 3rd file was incomplete.

So i thought it should be possible to extract just those 2 files from zip file.
:whistling:

Edited by c00l @qu@r!an, 03 September 2006 - 11:22 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Extract Now is the easist one I have used

http://www.extractno.../extractnow.exe

Installed with the add to context menu option, just right click a file, choose extract here or to a named folder which it creates