Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

screen resolution

• Please log in to reply

Naman Jandial

Naman Jandial

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All!

I'm facing a problem changing the screen resolution from 800 X 600 to 1024 X 768.

I recently Upgraded from win98se to win xp sp2.

The 1024 X 768 resolution was working fine at win 98se, but since I upgraded to XP it can't change to 1024 X 768.

I have a 14" inch coloured monitor.

Whenever I try to change the display setting it says Out of memory[font=Times New Roman] & the screen goes totally black & after 20 secs it goes back to 800 X 600. Don't know what to do.

I've run out of all ideas.

A liitle help will be highly appreciated

Regards,

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The graphics driver you used for Windows 98 might not be compatible with Windows XP, especially if the graphics driver is over 5 years old (pre-2001 when XP was first launched).

Try the website of the graphics chip/card manufacturer to see if a newer, XP-compatible driver is available to download.

Naman Jandial

Naman Jandial

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks I'll try & I'll get back to you

Regards

Naman