Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot install because resolution

• Please log in to reply

Erin4John

Erin4John

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I cannot install internet because video card won't support more resolution. It work before i had to reinstall windows. I cannot update anything because i can't get on the net. What do I do? :whistling: I am going through diablo withdrawal!! We do have a laptop at home with the net but we are both gamers

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Quite probably your version of Windows does not have an internal driver to support your particular video-card, so you need to install a third-party driver from the video-card manufacturer. This driver will have been present on your system until you re-installed Windows which wipes out everything on the drive prior to re-installing.

You need to know the make/model of the video card in order to track down the correct driver from the manufacturer's website if you can't find the driver disc for it.

At the moment, windows is using a low-resolution generic driver just to give you a limited display rather than no display at all. Without the correct driver, higher resolutions will not be available.